Work methodically on your personal development
Download the free "A3 Format for Personal Development''
Many people want change, few want to change. This means that if you want change, you first ask yourself what you can do to realize that change. This is called leadership. What behaviors or skills are going to help you to realize the change? Start there.
Behavioral change and personal development is often difficult. This requires discipline, tenacity and a positive attitude, but you also need structure, communication and coaching, in other words, a methodical approach.
DISCOVER ALL THE OTHER FREE TOOLS FOR “LEAN THINKING IN HEALTHCARE”.
The A3 format will help you to
- Connect your development to the goals of the organization
- Simplify the communication; your story on one page(!)
- Structure your change process
- Make it easy to coach you
Application of the tool
Develop yourself on the basis of your own behaviour and mindset. Start with behavior that currently hinders you from being successful and that would be a good fit, as a next step in your development. Don’t ” blame” other people for causing your behavior. Find the levers to change your behavior in your way of working and how you react to people.
Develop your behavior and mindset methodically and step-by-step:
- Capture the facts and essence of each step in your A3.
- Check each step for meeting the corresponding criteria.
- Discuss the A3 and your steps (several times) with your coach and/or mentor.
- Discuss the A3 with other people involved, such as colleagues.
- Celebrate your successes.
- Share your results and lessons learned with everyone who can benefit from them.
Need any help?
Do you have questions about the “A3 format for personal development” and applying it in practice? Please feel free to contact the author, Arnout Orelio.